Monday, July 30, 2007

Gravity accident

I swear, I must have just watched Nicole like a hawk when she was a baby.  She never fell off of anything higher than her own butt.  But now, I'm just not nearly as cautious.  Poor little Jacob has crawled off of our bed twice, and this morning he tried a new trick - stair climbing.  I had no idea he knew how to climb stairs.  So, of course, I wasn't watching him, and he fell.  Nicole said his feet were on the second step, so he didn't fall far, but nonetheless he fell.

I should have known that once he was pulling up to his feet that stairs weren't far behind, but I thought it would take just a little longer.  He's been getting up on his knees for about a week, but only up to his feet for a couple of days.  But I guess that's all it takes.

So tonight's after-work project:  gates, gates, everywhere.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Poor Jacob :(

Laura McIntyre said...

Aww poor Jacob, Eilidh falls constantly - im almost worried someone is going to think im beating her or something the cause of the bruises on her head