Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Bring the coffee...

Wow, am I tired today.  Rob needed to get back to work, but without knowing what his drug levels are on the new drug, there's no way he was driving.  So that meant car pooling.  Unfortunately, his job isn't exactly on route to my job.  And the worst part is, we have to get the kids by 6, which usually requires me to be out the door no later than 5, because it will take me every bit of an hour to get to them before the day care closes.  But now, adding a detour to get Rob first, I have to leave even earlier.  So, in order to not have to start cashing in vacation hours, I need to get to work that much earlier to make up the time (I usually stay until 6 and Rob picks up the kids since his commute is so much shorter, and not as impacted by rush hour).

So this morning started an hour and a half earlier than normal, and I'm already wiped clean out.  On top of that, Jake has been having some kind of issues where he likes to burst out and scream every couple of hours.  We had this problem with him and silent reflux, but after we had a few weeks of prevacid under his belt, he was much better.  I hope it's not the medicine failing.  I'm kind of hoping that it's teeth or something that will be resolved in a week or two.  Because I'm not getting any sleep!  After about 2 trips upstairs to give him his pacifier, I bring him back down with me.  The boy has really outgrown the bassinet, but if he's going to need a pacifier 4 and 5 times a night, I don't want to have to get out of bed to give it to him.

Anyway, bring on the coffee.  It's going to be one of those days.  And the week is still just getting started. :-(


1 comment:

Laura McIntyre said...

These kids drive us insand don't they, hope he is sleeping better soon