Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Still around

Oh dear. Has it really been since September that I posted anything! Holy cow. Time flies. I didn't write about our vacation, Jake's first birthday, how much I've been at work lately - nothing. So sorry about that.

Work I guess has been the primary reason for that. I'm a project manager, and my boss (not my most direct one, but the one above him) has decided that the holidays don't exist and my project needs to be implemented in early January. Lovely. Not just tons of overtime, but during the month when the after-work time is the tightest anyway! I've already lost one holiday, in that I worked the day after Thanksgiving when the office was closed. I'm scheduled to work again this Sunday. Ug.

Last year we had presents, but no tree, and no visits with Santa, or any of the other traditional stuff, because I was still recovering from a c-section, and Rob was recovering from shoulder surgery. I can't bear for another holiday season to go by without any cheer, so I guess I'm going to have to really pull out all of the supermom I have in me to get it all done.

Speaking of getting it all done, work is calling.. and Jake finally is having his one-year checkup, so I'm leaving early today as it is. I guess I better get back to it.

No comments: